What’s more summery than cooking and eating outdoors? From grilling to making s’mores, it’s the perfect way to enjoy the nice weather with your family and friends.
That’s why outdoor kitchens are becoming so popular in Denver. These spaces make it easier to cook outside and make the most of your yard. Here’s what you should know about outdoor kitchens in Colorado and the benefits of adding one to your home.
What Is an Outdoor Kitchen?
An outdoor kitchen is exactly what it sounds like. It is an outdoor space designed for cooking, with areas and appliances for storage and heating food.
Compared to indoor kitchens, outdoor spaces are more modular. The defining features are a place to cook and a place to eat. As long as both are present, you’ve created an outside kitchen. It can be as simple as a patio with a dedicated storage cabinet and a grill or as complex as a full kitchen with a stove, oven, refrigerator, and sink.
Benefits of Adding an Outdoor Kitchen in Colorado
Having a patio kitchen is more than just a fun feature. A well-designed space actively improves your home’s livability. Benefits of an outside cooking space include:
- Living space: Dedicating some of your yard to an outside cooking and dining area increases the space you’ll actually use. During the spring, summer, and fall, it effectively increases the square footage of your home.
- Entertainment possibilities: Having an outside kitchen makes it easier to host large groups. Family gatherings and parties with friends will be simpler and less crowded.
- Utility bills: Cooking indoors during the warmer months adds heat to your living space, forcing your air conditioner to work overtime. That can increase your utility bills significantly. Cooking outside can save you money for years to come.
- Property value: An outdoor kitchen improves your home’s value by as much as 30%, making it an excellent investment.
Plan Your Ideal Patio Kitchen With Hall Landscape Contractors
While outside cooking spaces are excellent for living, entertaining, and your home’s value, they must be carefully designed. A poorly planned space will rarely be used. You can work with experienced designers like the team at Hall Landscape Contractors to create a plan for your perfect space, accounting for issues like:
- How much space you have to dedicate to the project
- Whether you want a true custom kitchen or a modular, portable version
- How many people you want to host
- What style you want for your home and yard
At Hall Landscape Contractors, we have years of experience designing and installing outdoor living spaces for homeowners in the Denver Metro area. Learn more about how we can help you create the yard of your dreams by talking to one of our expert designers today.